Monday 2 November 2015

Personal Makeup Tips

I've had tons of people requesting a piece on makeup. Errmm...as you can see in the picture below, i don`t like very loud makeup. (i`m not a makeup pro or anything)

LOL so that is that! No bright lip colors, no highlights & contours, no fake eyelashes, blah blah blah! I like a subtle, almost natural makeup with a flawless finish for my everyday look.
\

Now to relevant matters , I've been asked (severally - even by guys ) to give my opinion on makeup. And like I said, I'm not a pro or anything and I like very minimum makeup so this may not apply to everyone. However these are just some tips I think every woman should take seriously.



1. Girls please and please again make sure your makeup foundation is your exact skin color. In many instances, the foundation is a shade lighter or darker. This makes you look either muddy or ashy.

In buying makeup foundations, a technique I use is using my neck color to choose the perfect color for my face.

It's not advisable (according to my own experience and observation) to use the back of your hand to choose a color for your face.
Also there are different brands of makeup products so purchase the ones that work for you. (not necessarily ones that you've seen in YouTube videos cos their skin type, skin color and weather type may differ from yours).



2. You also need to know your brands! I'm very particular about this. We all have different skin types hence know which brand of makeup works for you. For instance I\m a dark shade with a reddish undertone and the only foundation brand that really works for similar skin types is Mary Kay. However I prefer Sleek`s pressed powder or Mary Kay`s loose powder for finishing. This may not apply to people with darker undertones so it really is about which brand does what and what actually works for you.



3. With the application, never put concealer or foundation on your eyelids as a base, it`ll cause your eye makeup to crease. Also for a sheer coverage, use your fingers to apply your foundation. However for a more polished, medium to full coverage, you can use your foundation brush (or whatever you prefer).
Lastly, I usually apply my powder where I`m shiniest first (which is my T-zone), with a very light dusting everywhere else. By doing this, your finish appears even and flawless.



4. For seemingly natural and perfect eye makeup, the placements of highlights appears very important. When i do eye makeup, I apply the lighter colors (the whites, creams and pearls) in the inner corners, the middle of the eyelid and just under the brow bone. And after I proceed to the darker shades.
Don`t cram everything up anyhow and expect a good eye makeup finish. (except you like that sort of thing LOL)


5. Lastly, makeup, however perfect or flawless it may be, can only be carried by a good model. You need enough confidence and attitude to pull off your look. So ladies, maybe your winged liner is a bit crooked or your brow is not made perfectly, but you have a living barbie inside of you so let that shine. (Unless your makeup is really terrible...in which case you just have to wash your face and let that inner barbie glow - WITH YOUR NATURAL FACE!)

1 comment: