Friday 29 April 2016

SONG REVIEW : VIEWS BY DRAKE

I think I've never seen this kinna anticipation for an album. I mean ANTI and LEMONADE had their fair share of anticipation but people literally stayed up for VIEWS. Drake really is the G.O.A.T!! He got everyone on his side. He even made the weather obey him. Having the entire Canada on 6 degrees celcius. Who can really compete with that?



















However the album is not as good as rumored. Yes I said it!! It really wasn't worth the anticipation (Drake fans can kill me now). Out of the 20 songs on the album, I personally think HYPE, REDEMPTION, ONE DANCE and CONTROLLA are the few good ones (and GRAMMY if you like trap music).

It might grow on you as time goes but on the first listen, the album is just not good enough!!! 4 songs into VIEWS and I was asleep again. J. Cole never made a song you wouldn't like on the first listen (that's my opinion). I mean it's not a bad album but it's just not worth all that hype.

But hey it's Drake...and we all LOVE him. We're going to jam to VIEWS regardless. But it just doesn't do it for me.

VIEWS by Drake available on iTunes: drakevie.ws/views

 

1 comment:

  1. Powerful review Bernice.
    As you said it will grow on us with time..just a few videos and radio plays it will shape up to be a fan favourite
    But I will still choose take care(2011) over views

    ReplyDelete